If you’re willing to share some of the expenses of healthcare, Medicare Supplement Insurance High Deductible Plan F* may be a great choice. This plan is popular because it provides wide-ranging benefits with an affordable monthly premium.
The cost-sharing feature of this plan makes it possible to secure comprehensive benefits with a lower monthly premium. In fact, this plan provides the same benefits as traditional Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan F*. When you visit the doctor, receive hospital care or travel and need emergency medical attention, you can get it, no questions asked.
Medicare Supplement Insurance High Deductible Plan F provides total protection. Your Medicare Part A deductible ($1,484) and coinsurance is paid in full. That means after day 60 in the hospital (when Medicare benefits decrease) you’re covered. The plan pays for all remaining costs for days 61-90 ($370 a day) and days 91 and beyond ($740). In addition, the plan provides coverage for 100 percent of all Medicare allowable expenses for an additional 365 days of hospital care during your lifetime after Medicare benefits end and 100 percent of the costs for the first three pints of blood.
When it’s time to see your doctor, Medicare Supplement Insurance High Deductible Plan F pays your Medicare Part B deductible in full as well as your coinsurance and any excess charges Medicare will not pay. If you require skilled nursing care, your copayment is covered ($185.50 a day for days 21-100), as is your Medicare copayment/coinsurance for hospice care. Plus, if you travel, this plan covers 80 percent of any emergency care you receive while visiting a foreign country (after a $250 deductible and up to $50,000 in your lifetime).
- Medicare Part A deductible and coinsurance for hospitalization services
- 365 extra days of hospital care after Medicare coverage ends
- Medicare Part B deductible and coinsurance for medical expenses and hospital outpatient services
- The cost of the first three pints of blood each year
- 100 percent of Medicare Part B excess charges
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Medicare copayment/coinsurance for Hospice care
- 80 percent of Foreign travel emergency care (after $250 deductible, up to $50,000 lifetime)
What You Can Expect to Pay
The cost-sharing feature of Medicare Supplement Insurance High Deductible Plan F means that you receive the same comprehensive benefits provided by Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan F, after you pay an annual deductible. By sharing some of your health care costs, you can significantly reduce your monthly premium while still benefiting from total coverage provided. In addition to an annual deductible, you can expect to pay for all hospitalization expenses after the additional 365 days provided, as well as any costs for skilled nursing care after 101 days. To benefit from foreign emergency care, you will pay a $250 annual deductible and 20 percent of all costs within the first $50,000.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma will never terminate or refuse to renew your policy regardless of your health.
does not pay in 2021
|Expenses covered by our plans|
|Plan A||Plan F||High Deductible
|Part A (Hospital Services)**|
|$370 per day
covered expenses for
days 61-90 in hospital
|$740 per day
while you use your
|100% of Medicare
for additional 365 days
hospital benefits stop
|Calendar year blood
for first three pints of
|$185.50 per day for
days 21-100 in a
skilled nursing facility
(Medicare Part A)
|Part B (Physician’s Care and Medical Services)|
|$203 Part B deductible|
(25% of Medicare
approved amount for
and 20% for most
except up to $20
office visit and
up to $50 ER
|100% of Medicare Part
B excess charges
equipment (20% of
|Additional Expenses Not Covered by Medicare
|Benefits for medically
care received in a
* Plan F also has an option called a high-deductible Plan F. This high-deductible plan pays the same or offers the same benefits as Plan F after one has paid a calendar year $2,370 deductible. Benefits from high-deductible Plan F will not begin until out-of-pocket expenses are $2,370. Out-of-pocket expenses for this deductible are expenses that would ordinarily be paid by the policy. These expenses include the Medicare deductibles for Part A and Part B, but do not include the plan’s separate foreign travel emergency deductible.
** Hospital benefits must be provided by facilities participating with Medicare. Payments are limited to the reasonable charge as determined by Medicare.
*** After 90 days of hospitalization, Medicare benefits are paid from a one-time lifetime reserve of 60 additional days (days 91-150) which are not renewable each benefit period. See your Outline of Coverage for details and limitations of these benefits.
† After $185 Part B deductible is met for Plans A, F, High Deductible Plan F, and Plan N.
†† Foreign Travel Emergency covered at 80% after first $250 each is paid each calendar year; up to $ 50,000-lifetime maximum.
*Not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or Federal Medicare Program