Plan F is the most comprehensive Medicare Supplement plan offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma. It’s also the most popular choice among Oklahoma seniors, and it’s easy to see why. With complete and total protection, Plan F pays for more than any other standardized plan offered in the state. With Plan F, you can count on coverage for deductibles, copays and coinsurance, and there are even a few benefits Original Medicare does not provide like emergency care while traveling in a foreign country. Here is a more detailed look at the benefits of securing Oklahoma Medicare Supplement Plan F.
Plan F Benefits
Medicare Supplement Plan F provides total protection. Your Medicare Part A deductible ($1,316) and coinsurance is paid in full. When Original Medicare benefits decrease after day 60, Plan F takes over. Plan F pays the remaining hospitalization charges for days 61-90 ($329 a day) and days 91 and beyond while using Lifetime Reserve days ($658). After Lifetime Reserve days have been used up, Plan F pays 100 percent of all Medicare approved expenses for an extra 365 days in the hospital and the costs for the first three pints of blood.
Plan F also pays your Medicare Part B deductible in full, coinsurance, and any excess charges that Medicare will not pay. That means Plan F pays the 20 percent leftover for you to receive outpatient medical services, supplies and treatment, physician services, physical and speech therapy, diagnostic tests and durable medical equipment. In addition, your coinsurance for days 21-100 of skilled nursing care are covered and 80 percent of any foreign emergency care you need up to $50,000 during your lifetime.
- Medicare Part A deductible and coinsurance for hospitalization services
- 365 extra days of hospital care after Medicare coverage ends
- Medicare Part B deductible and coinsurance for medical expenses and hospital outpatient services
- The cost of the first three pints of blood each year
- 100 percent of Medicare Part B excess charges
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Medicare copayment/coinsurance for Hospice care
- 80 percent of Foreign travel emergency care (after $250 deductible, up to $50,000 lifetime)
What You Can Expect To Pay With Medicare Supplement Plan F
With Medicare Supplement Plan F from Blue Cross Blue Shield, you can expect to pay a monthly premium, all hospitalization costs beyond the additional 365 days after the Lifetime Reserve are used up, all costs after 101 days of skilled nursing care, an annual $250 deductible for foreign emergency care and 20 percent of costs within the first $50,000. However, if you agree to use a Medicare Select participating hospital for non-emergency elective admissions, you can save on your premiums.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma will never terminate or refuse to renew your Medicare Supplement insurance policy because of the condition of your health. For Oklahoma seniors looking for complete protection backed by a trusted provider, Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Supplement Plan F is the solution.
does not pay in 2017
|Expenses covered by our plans|
|Plan A||Plan F||High Deductible
|Part A (Hospital Services)**|
|$315 per day
covered expenses for
days 61-90 in hospital
|$658 per day
while you use your
|100% of Medicare
for additional 365 days
hospital benefits stop
|Calendar year blood
for first three pints of
|$164.50 per day for
days 21-100 in a
skilled nursing facility
(Medicare Part A)
|Part B (Physician’s Care and Medical Services)|
|$183 Part B deductible|
(25% of Medicare
approved amount for
and 20% for most
except up to $20
office visit and
up to $50 ER
|100% of Medicare Part
B excess charges
equipment (20% of
|Additional Expenses Not Covered by Medicare
|Benefits for medically
care received in a
* Plan F also has an option called a high-deductible Plan F. This high-deductible plan pays the same or offers the same benefits as Plan F after one has paid a calendar year $2,2000 deductible. Benefits from high-deductible Plan F will not begin until out-of-pocket expenses are $2,200. Out-of-pocket expenses for this deductible are expenses that would ordinarily be paid by the policy. These expenses include the Medicare deductibles for Part A and Part B, but do not include the plan’s separate foreign travel emergency deductible.
** Hospital benefits must be provided by facilities participating with Medicare. Payments are limited to the reasonable charge as determined by Medicare.
*** After 90 days of hospitalization, Medicare benefits are paid from a one-time lifetime reserve of 60 additional days (days 91-150) which are not renewable each benefit period. See your Outline of Coverage for details and limitations of these benefits.
† After $183 Part B deductible is met for Plans A, F, High Deductible Plan F, and Plan N.
†† Foreign Travel Emergency covered at 80% after first $250 each is paid each calendar year; up to $50,000 lifetime maximum.