These days, we’re all looking for a few great strategies for saving money. For Oklahoma seniors, dependable health care is priority one and Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan A* is a smart way to secure the basic coverage you need at an affordable price. With this plan, you can count on extra days of hospital and skilled nursing care after Original Medicare benefits end as well as 100 percent of any copays and coinsurance costs for hospice care. In exchange for paying a monthly premium, your Medicare Part A and Part B deductibles and any Part B excess charges, you receive dependable coverage from a solid provider you can trust.
As a Medicare recipient in Oklahoma, you can expect Original Medicare to pay for your hospitalization charges, but only until day 60. If you need to remain in the hospital longer, Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan A can help you with these costs. Provides coverage for your entire hospitalization coinsurance from day 61 through day 90 ($370 a day) and any remainder owed after day 90 ($740 a day). This plan also covers an additional 365 days of hospital care after your Medicare Lifetime Reserve benefits are used up. The costs for the first three pints of blood and your Medicare copayment/coinsurance for hospice care are also covered 100 percent.
With Original Medicare, only 80 percent of Part B approved services are covered, even after paying your Part B deductible, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20 percent. With Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan A, these expenses are covered, meaning you can visit the doctor or receive a diagnostic test with peace of mind. Plan A also covers the full cost for the first three pints of blood and the remaining 20 percent for home health care after your Part B deductible has been met.
- 100 percent of hospitalization coinsurance for days 61-90
- Part B coinsurance for medical expenses (20 percent of Medicare-approved expenses) or copayments for hospital outpatient services
- The cost of 365 extra days of hospital care after Medicare coverage ends
- 100 percent of the cost of the first three pints of blood each year
- Medicare copayment/coinsurance for hospice care
What You Can Expect To Pay
A low cost, basic benefits plan, with Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan A, you can expect to pay a monthly premium as well as your Part A and Part B deductible. You will also be responsible for any Part B excess charges that Medicare does not pay and hospitalization costs beyond the additional 365 days after the Lifetime Reserve are used. If you need skilled nursing care, you will be responsible for all charges beyond the 21 days provided by Original Medicare.
With Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan A from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma, you have security that if you pay your premium, your benefits can never be terminated. Plus, your plan is renewable, regardless of your health.
does not pay in 2021
|Expenses covered by our plans|
|Plan A||Plan F||High Deductible
|Part A (Hospital Services)**|
|$370 per day
covered expenses for
days 61-90 in hospital
|$740 per day
while you use your
|100% of Medicare
for additional 365 days
hospital benefits stop
|Calendar year blood
for first three pints of
|$185.50 per day for
days 21-100 in a
skilled nursing facility
(Medicare Part A)
|Part B (Physician’s Care and Medical Services)|
|$203 Part B deductible|
(25% of Medicare
approved amount for
and 20% for most
except up to $20
office visit and
up to $50 ER
|100% of Medicare Part
B excess charges
equipment (20% of
|Additional Expenses Not Covered by Medicare
|Benefits for medically
care received in a
* Plan F also has an option called a high-deductible Plan F. This high-deductible plan pays the same or offers the same benefits as Plan F after one has paid a calendar year $2,370 deductible. Benefits from high-deductible Plan F will not begin until out-of-pocket expenses are $2,370. Out-of-pocket expenses for this deductible are expenses that would ordinarily be paid by the policy. These expenses include the Medicare deductibles for Part A and Part B, but do not include the plan’s separate foreign travel emergency deductible.
** Hospital benefits must be provided by facilities participating with Medicare. Payments are limited to the reasonable charge as determined by Medicare.
*** After 90 days of hospitalization, Medicare benefits are paid from a one-time lifetime reserve of 60 additional days (days 91-150) which are not renewable each benefit period. See your Outline of Coverage for details and limitations of these benefits.
† After $185 Part B deductible is met for Plans A, F, High Deductible Plan F, and Plan N.
†† Foreign Travel Emergency covered at 80% after first $250 each is paid each calendar year; up to $ 50,000-lifetime maximum.
*Not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or Federal Medicare Program